Last year, when I turned 31, I got a new pair of shorts.
This year, when I turned 32, I just got older and realized how much I dislike aging.
The morning of my birthday, I looked in the mirror. I mean, I really looked in the mirror. I discovered a birthday treat! Two grey hairs. I plucked them out and inspected them - they were void of pigment. So, not only have most of my hair abandoned me, the others are so demoralized that they've given up and gone grey.
It also seems that anytime I get the courage and discipline to start exercising, my body says, "I don't think so.". I played ball hockey for the first time this year on my birthday and almost immediately kinked my neck. It was kinked so badly that I couldn't even lift my head up by myself. I couldn't even drive.
Earlier in the year I went for a run and blew out my knee. When I try to lift weights, I put out my shoulder. WTF? When I was a teenager, I used to be a goalie in ice hockey, I used to referee ice hockey, and I used to be a brown belt in the karate - all at once! My body had no problem dealing it. Now, I type away at my computer all day and complain that my wrist is sore from carpal tunnel syndrome.
More and more, I really am becoming Larry David.

0 comments:
Post a Comment