Our site has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Have Your Ever Noticed... The Nose Whistler

Picture it:

You’re at the movie theater. The movie draws you in with an intense silence. It’s a critical scene. The person sitting next to you in the theater you inhales. Then, he exhales. Inhales, exhales. You look over at the man next to you – yup, he’s the one breathing. Inhale, exhale… 

Ok, back to the movie. As one - wait a second – inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. You look over at the guy next to you, this time long enough so that he’ll notice. He doesn't.  Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhaaaale… 

It doesn’t matter what is on screen right now, or how good the movie is – all you can focus on is that giant nose sitting next to you who refuses to get a tissue and remove whatever is obstructing his breaths so that he stops whistling like a human alarm clock.

This actually happened to me back when I watched Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It was nine years ago, and I still remember the Nose Whistler sitting next to me. I can barely remember what the movie was about, but I sure can remember the nose whistling next to me for 3 hours.



0 comments: