Our site has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Take your mobile phone with you, so I don't have to hear it ring. It's meant to be portable.

If I'm at the office, I don't want to hear your mobile phone ringing. 


Don't leave your mobile phone on your desk and then walk away.  It will inevitably start ringing, and you won't be there to answer it.  


Have you ever noticed that mobile phones aren't huge and inconvenient anymore (see image, above left of gentleman with fake smile and old-school phone), they are MOBILE, which means you can take them with you.  They are barely the size of your hand, so you can put them in your pocket.


The next time you leave your phone on your desk, and it rings, and you're not there to answer it, I'm going to leave you a pleasant message like this:

That, or you can put your phone on "silence" mode, another recent feature invented about 12 years ago.  Also, stop using annoying ring tones, like "Jingle Bells", in July.  At least try to  keep it seasonal.