Our site has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The express checkout lane is only an illusion...

Have you ever noticed that nobody ever obeys the signage for the the "express" checkout lane?  


I learned to count when I was 2 or 3 years old.  My friend's daughter is 3 and can easily identify 15 objects.  I'm willing to even bet that most people in can also count to 15.  


Somehow, this valuable skill flies out the window when standing in the Express Checkout lane at the grocery store.  There, in the Bermuda Triangle of Basic Arithmetic, 15 equals "16".  It also equals "17, and "18".  It may even equal "20".  Maybe even more.  So either people drop 100 points of IQ in the express checkout lane, or they're all inconsiderate assholes.  


Either way, I'm calling you out next time you decide that your time is more valuable than mine.

0 comments: