Our site has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Voicemail tag after a disconnect is the worst.

Voice mail is one of those things in life that can be incredibly useful and incredibly annoying.  I'm not talking about the band, "Voicemail", from the Dominican Republic - I'm talking about that thing we all use to leave phone messages for one another.  


Have you ever been on the phone with someone and then gotten disconnected?  You have a couple of options:  1)  Be patient and wait for them to call you back, or 2) Be impatient and call them back as soon as you notice you're talking to a dead line.


I am usually the latter - impatient - so I call back immediately after the disconnect.  The problem is, the other person is just as impatient, so when we call each other, you immediately get pushed into the person's voicemail.  Then, you get a message like, "Hey man, I guess we got disconnected - just calling you back.  Lates.".   No shit. 


So you call back again, already frustrated, and you hit their voice mail again, because they are also calling you back again.  This is why I have a protocol with certain close friends and family:  if we get disconnected, sit tight and I will call you back.  It's simple.  If you don't follow the protocol and I hit your voice mail immediately after a disconnect, then that's it - I don't call back.  Period. 

0 comments: