Our site has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If you laugh at someone else's misfortunes, it'll happen to you.

Have you ever noticed that if you laugh at someone else’s misfortunes, the same misfortune will happen to you?  It's a classic example of Murphy's Law.


Recently, I travelled by plane, and my seat was way at the back. While traversing the aisle, I passed a man who would be seated next to the emergency exit.  If you’re lucky enough to get this seat, you get bonus leg room, but you don’t get to have your carry-on luggage at your feet.


This poor man was very short, had two carry-on bags, and the overhead bins were already full.   He was all flustered because he had nowhere to put his stuff, wouldn’t have access to his labtop, and even if he could find storage space in the overhead bins, he couldn’t reach that high because he was so short.  There was a huge line up behind him.  As I eventually passed him, I snickered to myself “sucka!”.  I thought it would be great content for a post to make fun of him and the situation.


Then I got to my seat.


I had the rear version of the emergency exit, and I had two carry-on bags, a labtop, and no place to put them.  Dammit.


Well, at least I can reach the overhead bins.

0 comments: